Vegetarian pasta

Today, I have eaten pasta, more specifically with cheese sauce. Indeed, it doesn't need to be rice during each meal. But in my good tradition, it is vegetarian.

While in the shop I saw some macaroni pasta and as a result I fancied macaroni with cheese sauce although that contains normally ham. I replaced the ham with peanuts and pine nuts, red peppers and courgette. I also used tagliatelle instead of macaroni but I kept the cheese sauce.

I fried the peanuts, red pepper and courgette pieces in olive oil in such a way the vegetables got a light brown colour. Then I added some pine nuts. To improve flavour, I added a little salt and pepper, dried basil and some cayenne pepper and at the end some pieces of garlic to prevent it from burning too much.

At the same time I prepared the cheese sauce (most people know how to do this better than me, thus I don't need to explain). At the end I mixed some pieces of fresh basil leaves and added the vegetables.

In the meanwhile, the tagliatelle was ready which I then added to the sauce and after mixing everything, I was able to eat a lovely meal that didn't take too much efforts to prepare. And the roses, freshly taken from my garden improved the atmosphere. Enjoy it.

Pasta, a glass of wine (missing here) and roses, and ideal mix to create a nice atmosphere in the company of someone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(12z) Don't blame animals for the climate crisis

Extreme left joins extreme right over Ukraine. Hard to understand

(8k) Kristallnacht. The Warsaw Ghetto Uprising. Situation today.