Italian PM Silvio Berlusconi is gone, finally. And replaced by an economist, Mr Monti. But, is Mr Berlusconi gone? As an article in The Guardian by Roberto Saviano mentioned, Berlusconi-ism is still present in Italy. Also, as the country has to reform, and this will hurt people, I think Berlusconi might come back by the next election as people might remember that his government was stable and people earned money and had a better time (most people's long-term memory works only for good things while the bad things are forgotten). I think Mr Berlusconi and his party might hope people will hate the present government with its technocrats and remember that each time the Left was in power in recent years, politicians try to reduce the deficit, therefore hurting the people. (But each time Berlusconi was not re-elected, the new government had to correct the bad decisions made by the government of PM Berlusconi as Mr Berlusconi only worked for its own interests.) Still I think his party ...
Comments