Visit from London: Allan

During Easter weekend, I had a friend over from London. He is Allan and he came over from Thursday evening till Monday evening. He is a good friend and we had a good laugh.

The evening he arrived, we went to a bar (Plattesteen) in central Brussels. There I let him try a gueze, a typical beer from Brussels. In the meanwhile we where make fun and of course we gave each other a brief summary of life from the past months.
The other days I showed him around Brussels. We went to the Atomium where we went to the top floor. From here there is a great view over the city Brussels and surrounding regions. Unfortunately it rained for a brief time quite heavily and the sky was very grey when we were upstairs. But most of the day it was dry and even sunny, but cold.


Allan in front of the Atomium and a view from the top of it. For those who are brave: they can go and stand on top of the building and slide down.


We also walked quite some distance while we saw the best-known monuments of Brussels such as the Palace of Brussels, the High Court, the Grote Markt (very famous region in the heart of the city).

Allan found it unbelievable that he could have a pee against a church (a toilet is build against it). I explained that it is very important people don't have to go to far.

He also loved "Manneken Pis", a small boy peeing the whole time
.

In the evenings we went out for a meal and later for a drink. On Saturday, Allan encouraged me to talk to a guy. The problem I have in Brussels is that most people speak French, a Language I don't really speak and understand. Therefore, it is quite difficult talking and thus meeting people.



Me and Allan at the Grote Markt (also known as Grand Place). It was just not dark, the best time to take photos.





On Monday evening I visited my parents who were just back from a weekend in the Ardennes where they were for a culinair weekend. That was a fun evening at my sisters place. The next day I woke up early because I had to leave for Berlin, my next post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(18l) Belgium, king Leopold II and Congo

(12z) Don't blame animals for the climate crisis

Extreme left joins extreme right over Ukraine. Hard to understand